Monday, March 7, 2011

Switzerland & Lichtenstein

I was exhausted after our night in a haunted hotel in Switzerland. Our luxury suite turned out to be a bare-bones dorm room with four small beds. Fred snored loudly enough to drown out the church bells that rang every hour all night. He also had a nightmare and knocked the lamp off his nightstand. I got up frequently to hope for morning to come quickly, and every time I left the room, I noticed the hotel furniture had been moved to strange places. I didn't sleep at all and was exhausted the next day.

From Konstanz we headed for the Alps and the Principality of Lichtenstein. The scenery of Lichtenstein was breathtaking as you'll see in the slideshow. We stopped at the Castle Gutenburg. I identified it as the Lichtensteiner Castle in the slideshow. Hey, I was tired. It wasn't open for tours, but we walked around the grounds.

No comments: