Monday, March 7, 2011

Munich & Black Forest

In this next slideshow in included Munich out of order. Our stop at Munich actually happened a few days later on our way from Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Prague. See my comments on Munich in an earlier post.
From Stuttgart we drove to the Black Forest, stopping first in the city of Rottweil on the edge of the Black Forest. We did a quick walk around the town and admired our first glimpse of Bavarian architecture with paintings on the buildings. We took a high speed road tour of the Black Forest, not spending as much time as I had hoped. We did stop for lunch in a town that seemed deserted of tourists. There I had a slice of the genuine Black Forest cake I had promised myself before we started. I've never had better. We toured more and stopped in a village I believe was Waldkirche. The church looked interesting from the autobahn. They were having a church festival at the time so we joined in for a while. Our car tour continued from there and finished at the tourist town of Titisee. We had a fabulous dinner at a seaside restaurant. From there we headed to our internationally renouned hotel in Kanstanz, Switzerland.

No comments: